Web Accessibility Engineer
PAC is looking for folks to join the team to help us when collaborating with clients early in the design and development process, providing design evaluations and helping developers to map UI elements to accessible markup . If you enjoy discovering and discussing accessibility barriers to help developers understand how to fix them, then we want to hear from you. We are looking for persons who are passionate about web accessibility and have some experience conducting Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 audits, though we do not spend our time concentrating on audits.
This is a fully remote position utilizing email, Slack, Dropbox, and Zoom for internal communication. We are composed of persons with disabilities, which means we never use inaccessible tools or processes. If you are interested in spending your time and energy helping to truly make the world better, then please apply.
You must have
- Extensive experience and advanced working knowledge of assistive technologies, hopefully also including those on IOS and Android
- 2+ years of conducting WCAG audits or related evaluations
- A great working understanding of ARIA
- An understanding of the WCAG and how it applies in practice
- Full familiarity with HTML5
- A proven ability to communicate difficult to understand concepts within web accessibility to developers, designers, and other stakeholders
- A passion for staying up to date in a constantly evolving field where specific best practices can evolve monthly
It would be great if you have
- Familiarity with automated testing tools and integrating them into your evaluation process
- Authored any open-source contributions in the digital accessibility space (GitHub links welcome)
- A degree in computer science or related field